Tuesday, January 18, 2011

housekeeping

Hey all,

Reading back through my blog I realized I hadn't yet given part three of my Arriving at Destination "series." The short version is that friends from home came up for the weekend, and we spent it laughing, sharing, eating (tons of great food, and they kept insisting on paying), going on ziplines in the rain, and the canopy tour on the sunniest day of the weekend.

I was blessed by their presence, and so very blessed by being able to be in place to give back (working at camp allowed me to have their weekend to be quite cheap). Again to serve from a place of strength. It was doubly honoring to serve from a place of strength to one of the many groups of people who served me when I was still in my place of (for lack of a better term) weakness.

I know the journey through my time in Africa is incomplete and long overdue. I have summarized the trip into two more blog posts, I just need to get them from my head to the screen. They will come "shortly."

A new season of Outdoor Ed has begun here at ARCG. Loving the new team, looking forward to getting to interact with the kids.

--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away

--Jesse "Gonzo" Letourneau

No comments:

Post a Comment