Monday, June 25, 2012

Little Things part 5 (Sunday June 24)


When I was little and I was by myself, I used to sing a song to the Lord.  It was a simple act of worship arising from a simple song.  The song was I Love You Lord (and I Lift my voice); it is a repetitive song and it allowed me to meditate and pray while I sang.

The summer before I left home for college I sat on the swings of my elementary school playground, singing that song and praying.  It was a time to say good bye to my past, say goodbye to my childhood.  It was a time to let go of the past's familiarity and trust God's guidance for the future.

I sang this song a few other times since then.  But its been years since it has come to my head.

This morning I gave my first sermon.  There was some nervous energy running through me as I sat in the CM Office.  Sunday School classes were cared for, and still and hour before the service started, so I sat down and and began to pray.  As I did one song came to mind: I Love You Lord.  Even when I'm alone I don't sing aloud.  This is the one song I sing aloud; loud enough to be heard.   As I began to trust God for my role in the service, I continued to sing.

As the service started I sat in the pew, and listen to announcements and responsive readings, and sang the songs.  Then the worship team began to sing, I love you, Lord.


My sermon was about ministry (taken from Matthew 14:13-21)  It was about giving our best and watching God take what we have and make it so much better.

Here is the audio of the sermon
 
--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away
 --Jesse Letourneau

No comments:

Post a Comment