Tuesday, January 22, 2013

but that's okay

So, I am learning (slowly) to sit with things.  To know that the presence of something doesn't mean that it has dominance or power.  It doesn't mean that this thing will last forever or will never be defeated.  It doesn't mean that a contradictory thing, thought, or even action changes my reality.

          I have fear
          but that is okay


          I have doubt
          but that is okay


          I have no idea what September holds
          but that is okay


          I not know where my next step lies.
          should i look for a pastoral position?


          should i take a year off and simply live my life apart from titles and artificial authority?
          should i stay in school and gain more training?


          there is no sign
          there is no peace
          but that is okay

          stress
          pain
          uncertainty
          but that is okay

None of those things change that I am loved, called, and equipped by God.  They can cloud and distort, they bring confusion to the path-but they change not my reality. 



--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away
--Jesse Letourneau

No comments:

Post a Comment