Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Imperfect.



It began on Valentine’s Day. I was playing board games with two of the best people I know. I thought, “I have always wanted to take a photo a day for a year, who says it has to start on Jan 1.” So, I snapped a picture, and made a commitment to take one a day for the next year.

I have not taken a picture a day since that day. However, what I have done is taken a picture a day-imperfectly. Normally, when I start something that doesn’t work like I wanted it to, I just stop. There might be excuses and rationalizations, there may be second chances and renewed attempts, but the old “failed” attempt is put away.

This time I tried something new. I missed a day and kept going. I have missed several days. But the project continues. I don’t know what the final count of pictures will be, but no longer is the goal 365 pictures. The goal is to look around my world, to look into my life and find the things that give me courage. To find and record those things which keep me from wanting to pack it up and go home.

My life is imperfect. My photo album is imperfect. But both are filled with extraordinary things.  

--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away

--Jesse Letourneau
2-14-15












Full album

No comments:

Post a Comment