Sunday, March 15, 2009

It is offical I need a car

I have missed church the last two weeks in a row. Both due to my own mistakes.

Last week I didn't set my clock ahead, and missed my ride to church. He was leaving, and I was rolling over after looking at the clock, thinking, "I don't have to get up for another hour."

This week, mass miscommunication, that is all my fault. Normal ride to church is out of town (with his car), back up ride to church was going to early service. Another guy at work said he could give me a "ride tomorrow." He was referring to social event of the season, which is happening tonight. (Its a birthday celebration for three friends from work, at a bouncy house park like thing.) I thought (and no reason to, as he has started to attend a different church) he meant church-why I don't know-my desire to find a ride to the later service was apparently so strong I made a huge assumption. And yes I know what happens when one assumes.

So now I am dressed in my Sunday best, with no place to go, for the second week in a row.

The worst thing is that I grabbed an application to work in the Children's Ministry at my church, and haven't been able to turn it in for two straight weeks. I am thinking I might have to wait until I have the ability to get there on my own before I commit to being there on a regular basis.

So, I am now off to listen to an archived Grace at Night sermon (same thing I did last week).

--Jesse Letourneau
Serving Him with you just from a little farther away

6 comments:

  1. Awww I feel you with the car situation ~ I was without a car until like a few weeks ago. So yea, it is definitely frustrating. But maybe you could see it as God trying to get you to ask for help more. I think that is why I was without an auto for so long. There is always a reason for everything. Maybe there are other people that you could invite to go along with you?

    I know it is so frustrating, so I hope next Sunday you are able to report back with great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need life lessons, I need a set of wheels.

    (Just kidding of course)












    (I need both)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha awww. well, maybe you can find a cheap car and be a granny like me and use it basically for groceries and church - that's what all the cool kids are doing! I especially love wearing headphones (only on one ear) because there is no radio. Beater cars rule. But maybe you could check craigslist or something for used cars? Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am saving my pennies and hope to get a car by summer/early fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Obama will include "a car for Jesse" in his stimulus plan! You should send him an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that barack@whitehouse.com or barack@whitehouse.gov???

    ReplyDelete