Friday, February 5, 2010

The Shack

So I have been reading the Shack lately. There is a chapter that shows a picture of (what I assume*) the author thinks heaven to be like. And in that chapter the picture is painted of someone entering heaven and all who are already gathered meeting for a celebration to welcome them home.

I like this idea.

I like the idea of dad enjoying a perfected creation, and waiting for me. I like the idea of my dad off enjoying nature, when someone stops by and says, "Hey, your son is here." I like the picture of my dad dropping everything and running out to meet me.

I don't think this is what the author intended when he wrote the chapter. But it is what was going through my mind as I read.

*For those of you who have read the Shack: It's the Chapter where Mac and his father are reunited. I haven't finished the book, so maybe it isn't heaven, but that was the impression I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment