Tuesday, August 30, 2011

beginnings

I have tried to write a deep meaningful blog a couple different times this week. There are too many themes, too many thoughts, too many emotions swirl ling around for me to land on any one thing.

I can say I love it here.
I feel like this is exactly where God has me.

When I left Alliance, and even in Long Beach, there were no formal prayers commissioning me out. I think because what I learned at ARCG is only going to magnified and intensified during this season. My time before camp and my time at camp were contrasts and different seasons, now I think I am in a "same song, next verse" setting. That camp was just the baby step, just the warm up for what God is doing in me during this season of growth.

I have been tempted to stop and reflect, but I would rather just experience, just be here. With all the fears and doubts, with all the assurance and signs, with new friends and nights spent alone, all of it, just to let it be and let it sit. I don't know what it all means yet. I just know that I am in for something big. And I am all in.

If you don't yet know I have some pics up over at facebook from the neighborhood.

Which reminds me I did want to report on a few bits to begin to paint a pic of where I am. There are roughly 40 first year students and just under 100 seminary students. I like like 10 feet from the library and 20 from the Seminary building. I am in a one bedroom apartment, which is nice in the morning, and can be hard in the afternoon/evenings with no one around.

I have three "real classes" Interpreting the New Testament, Identity in Ministry and History of the Church and Mission. Along with a one unit class called Spiritual Journey that is designed more to feed us than to impart further knowledge/stress on us. And another one unit called Vocational excellent, which will occur during the week long break in October.

I do have peanut butter, bread, and some cliff bars in fridge. Still figuring out money stuff, and I think when that happens I will feel freer to spend some money on me. I did go to the Mexican place on the corner. I have had their tacos and their torta, both were disappointing. I do hold out hope for the burrito which can serve as two meals for like $3 plus tip.

--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away
--Jesse Letourneau

No comments:

Post a Comment