Monday, January 30, 2012

the edge of epiphany

I had this great and lofty goal.

I was going to sit down and tell you all the tales of January.

There was one about beginnings and acceptances (and blunderbusses) underscored by Doctor Who at the Mc Mullens.

There was a mini-adventure in the airport, and an object lesson about waiting.

There was the story of legendary Post-Christmas Gift Exchange Party that I got myself invited to.

There were everyday tales about my life, and new apartment, classes, and friends old and new.

There was half a blog about Phil Vischer's story and how it kinda echos mine.

Yet when I sat down to write, I felt empty. I feel empty like no one would care to hear my mundane little stories. That they wouldn't help you grow or understand God. So why bother.

Now I hear the protests and the complaints. I hear the reassurances of my worth and of your interest in my tales. But I'm just here to put down my thoughts, and these are them.

But here is the thing. I feel something more.

Something just out of reach. There is a wholeness and a healing for what is broken inside.

I can't grasp it yet. I can't even see it yet. But I know that it is there.

I know it will come through classes and council, friends and strangers. It will come as I sit and listen, it will come as I get up and do. It will come from above.

So I sit here on the edge of epiphany.

--Serving Him alongside all of you, just from further away
--Jesse Letourneau

No comments:

Post a Comment