Monday, January 26, 2009

PICS and SUCH

Pics: maybe delayed a tad. I have like 170 on my camera (thanks again Stephens). But I have to find a comp to dump em on, before I can post.

Weather: It is chilly but unseasonably dry. We had a couple of days of rain, but its been clear most days. It is in the 50s, but with layers and a good coat I have been fine.

Church: Only been here two weeks, and have been to the same church in the AM, and the same "small group" in the PM-both on Sunday. AM is interesting as the church is currently between pastors (of course they have grown by 250 people during this time-so its obviously a church that is very much alive. There is a group that goes to lunch after AM services, but I miss Charo and Athen's West. The small group is 30-40 people, and its the 25-35 crowd. Intimate singing led by some super talented people (its no "Micheal Stephens Worship Experience" but it will have to do), and then a short less on Isaiah. That's right we are going through the book of Isaiah. And backwards at that. I came in on the second week, and the focus has been on Isaiah and how it applies to the concepts of Christ, Messiahship, and our salvation. Kinda digging it so far.

I may shop around just to see what else is out there. Only two other staff are at this church, and I am not sure if that is ideal or not, just yet. I am thinking of going to the church of the NBA next week. I haven't been yet this season.

Questions: Not sure what else to tell you. More training this week, and the kids show up next week. So what do you wanna know? Give me a topic for the next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move to Occidental. Hope it is all you wanted it to be.

    p.s.Say hello to Men Baki (aka Ben Maki) for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what do you do for meals? Do you make your own or does the camp provide them? What's your room like? Do you have roomies or are you in a single? Haha I should probably not ask 968 questions in one post, so thats good for now :P

    ReplyDelete